Working at Messick'sMessick's has been a family business ever since brothers Marlin and Merville Messick started the dealership in 1952. Over the years we've grown from a two-person operation to a company of over 180 people staffing five locations in south central Pennsylvania. Messick's remains a family business, operated by Merville's sons Bob and Ken and their children. We are a company dedicated to providing exceptional parts, service and sales support to our customers.
Messick's offers industry leading wages, 401k, paid vacation, health insurance and a Christ centered work environment. We strive to offer the best in customer service and believe it takes exceptional staff to deliver that promise.
We encourage you to submit your application as we collect resumes year-round. We do most of our hiring between September and November, however we will consider highly qualified individuals at any point throughout the year.
Messick's seeks candidates who work best in a team environment and excel at providing top notch customer service. Experience in agriculture or construction is a plus, but not required. Many positions require a valid drivers license, and the ability to lift in excess of 40lbs. Service technician positions require your own tools and a valid drivers license.
We strive to employ the best people in the business. Therefore we offer industry leading wages, paid vacation, 401k, and no-cost health insurance for our employees. Messick's is a family based work environment created through social gatherings like our annual Christmas parties, company picnics, employee outings and social opportunities.
- Service Writer
- Establish customer’s service needs, Schedule work, Start Work cards, Communicate status of repair with customer, Review and close work cards, Wait on walk-in customers, Answer phone calls in a timely manner, Other responsibilities related to the customer’s service experience
- No Openings
- Service Manager
- Manage service technicians work, job completion and timeliness.
- Ensure jobs are completed for both service calls and shop work in a professional and timely manor.
- Manage and oversee scheduling and completion of service techs and jobs
- Ag Service Tech
- Setup & repair farm machinery both in the shop and on the road. Requires a valid drivers license and your own tools.
- L & G Service Tech
- Setup & repair lawn and garden equipment. Requires a valid drivers license and your own tools.
- Service Tech for CE & Self-Propelled Equipment
- Service construction equipment and self propelled equipment machinery in shop
- Go on service calls to our customers locations
- Diagnose and repair equipment ranging from and including engines, hydraulic and electrical systems.
- Complete service calls and shop work in a professional and timely manor.
- Setup Technician - Elizabethtown Setup Shop
- Setup New Equipment
- Pre-Deliver New Equipment
- Repair and recondition Used Equipment
- Document work completed for billing purposes
- Load and unload trucks
- Help maintain equipment yard
- Must have own tools, drivers license and be able to lift up to 100lbs.
- No Openings
How to ApplyEmployment Application
Help customers find repair parts for their equipment over the counter, phone and email.
Personable, strong customer service skills, and computer literate. Experience in agriculture or construction industries a plus. Works well in a fast paced environment. Must be able to lift 50+ lbs and work on your feet for extended periods.
Applicant Requirements: Personable, strong customer service skills, and computer literate. Experience in sales and agriculture or construction knowledge a plus.
Applicant Requirements:Excellent mechanical aptitude and computer literate, good communication and interpersonal skills. Personal hand tools required and a valid drivers license.
Applicant Requirements: Varies, however our core values focused on customer service and interpersonal relationships are universal.