Mini straw and hay bales are sold at craft, decorating stores, farm markets and pet stores with increased profit margins of 1000%-2000% percent over traditional bales. Baled straw with its rich gold color adds warm earthy accents for floral designs, centerpieces or home decorations. The mini-baler is a great answer if you are looking to add a highly profitable, low investment enterprise to add to your farm
Mini Baler FAQ.
- Who uses the Mini-baler?
Hay and straw producers who want to sell in a metro market with a two to three thousand percent increased profit compared to conventional bales.
Horse farms who use younger farmhands to handle the convenient, lighter, bales
- What crop can be baled?
barley straw (used for algae control in ponds)
- What kind of twine is recommended?
Bridon 9600 plastic twine. (Best Choice)
One package of 9600 twine wraps approximately 1,920 bales of 4” x 6” x 10” or 1,108 bales of 11" 8.5" x 17"
New Holland natural sisal twine
One package of 7200 twine wraps approximately 1,440 bales of 4” x 6” x10” or 830 bales of 8” x 11” x 17”
- How many bales per hour does the mini-baler produce?
Table Top: 300-480/Hr
Pull-Type : 700-900/Hr
- What are the drive options on the hand feed Stationary Baler?
- Hydraulic drive requires a tractor or skid loader with 10 gallon per minute minimum hydraulic flow
- PTO pump driven by a tractor with 20 PTO hp @ 540 RPM.
- Quiet electric motor with 7 ½ hp, requires 220 volt single stage electric service.
- 13 Hp Honda engine with a self-contained hydraulic unit
- Are the stationary 4x6.5 balers production run machines?
Each stationary unit is a custom hand built machine. Although it does not look like it rolled off a modern assembly line, each unit is dependable and mechanically tested before it leaves the manufacturer. When possible, genuine New Holland baler parts are used thoughout the machine.
- Are all Pull-type 8x11 balers reconditioned balers?
Our current production mini-balers are reconditioned New Holland balers with automatic twine tie. All bearings & wear parts are replaced with original OEM New Holland parts. Particular older used units are better suited to the mini-baler conversion process than current production models. None the less, new balers can be modified with the smaller bale chamber at an additional charge.
- What size tractor is needed for the 8x11 pull-type baler?
30+ PTO HP is required to reach the rated 700-900 bales per hour.Its possible to have less power and travel at a slower speed.
- What kind of Warranty or Guarantee goes with each machine?
- 8 x 11 pull-type machines have a 6 month parts warranty
- 4.5 x 6 stationary machines have a 12 month parts warranty
- Where are the bales sold?
- Craft and Decorating Stores: ie: A.C. Moore
- Farm Markets
- Pet Stores (straw & clover hay)
- Super Stores
- What do the bales retail for?
Typicaly $5.00 – $10.99
- What is the approximate dimension and weight of each machine?
8 x 11 pull-type machines are 3,200lbs and 230”long x 104” wide x 71” high
4.5 x 6 stationary machines are 1,600 lbs and 128”long x 74” wide x 69” high
- Can I have my current baler converted?
Only New Holland Hayliner balers can be converted to Mini-Bale operaiton. We specificly are looking for model 273's which are best suited to the conversion process.
- How big is the market for bales?
Surprisingly large. That said, each persons local market will vary. There are mini-balers that will run nearly 24 Hours a day in season, while there are others that will sit idle. Success is dependant on the individuals drive to find customers and build their business.