Working at Messick'sMessick's has been a family business ever since brothers Marlin and Merville Messick started the dealership in 1952. Over the years we've grown from a two-person operation to a company of over 220 people staffing five locations in south central Pennsylvania. Messick's remains a family business, operated by Merville's sons Bob and Ken and their children. We are a company dedicated to providing exceptional parts, service and sales support to our customers.
Messick's offers industry leading wages, 401k, paid vacation, health insurance and a Christ centered work environment. We strive to offer the best in customer service and believe it takes exceptional staff to deliver that promise.
We encourage you to submit your application as we collect resumes year-round. We do most of our hiring between September and November, however we will consider highly qualified individuals at any point throughout the year.
Messick's seeks candidates who work best in a team environment and excel at providing top notch customer service. Experience in agriculture or construction is a plus, but not required. Many positions require a valid drivers license, and the ability to lift in excess of 40lbs. Service technician positions require your own tools and a valid drivers license.
We strive to employ the best people in the business. Therefore we offer industry leading wages, paid vacation, 401k, and no-cost health insurance for our employees. Messick's is a family based work environment created through social gatherings like our annual Christmas parties, company picnics, employee outings and social opportunities.
Abbottstown - None at this time
Bendersville - None at this time
CDL Class A Truck Driver / Setup Technician
- Some assembly and disassembly of equipment to haul
- Clean up of equipment
- Truck maintenance
- Miscellaneous yard work
- Must have valid CDL class A license
- Must have a good driving record
- Must be willing to haul wide loads
- Must be willing to work overtime, and stay overnight on occasional runs
- Must have positive attitude and work well with others
- Should have a strong mechanical aptitude
- Engage with customers on a regular basis; driving revenue, achieving customer satisfaction and ensuring compliance with company policies.
- Promptly answer incoming calls and effectively engage customers.
- Walk the sales yard daily to ensure knowledge of equipment availability, equipment repair status, and yard condition.
- Discuss customer needs and suggest suitable and safe equipment for the application
- Coordinate equipment delivery and pick up schedules
- Establish realistic commitments and communicate with customers and/or sales representatives if deviations from the original commitment will occur.
- Handle customer complaints and concerns in a professional manner and provide solutions
- Demonstrated ability with computer accuracy
- Manage inventory counts and reconciliations and ensure timely completion
- Engage with the shop staff regarding repair needs and rent-ready priorities
- Maintain a commitment to safety
- Help load and unload trucks as needed
- Setup New Equipment
- Help maintain equipment yard and landscape
- Must be able to work outdoors and lift up to 100lbs
- Friendly and personable
- Gets along well with others
- Equipment operation experience necessary
Parts Customer Service Representative -
- Serve customer parts needs over the counter and by phone
- Provide e-mail assistance to customer requests
- Research part availability options from various manufacturers
- Provide parts order follow-up assistance
- Requires computer experience
- Good written & verbal communication skills
- Customer focused
- Organized and highly motivated
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Must be able to work in a team oriented atmosphere preferred
- Agricultural or construction experience
- Mechanical experience
- Prior parts and/or customer service experience
Service Tech for Farm Equipment -
- Service equipment and machinery both in the shop and on the road.
- Go on service calls to our customers locations
- Diagnose and repair equipment ranging from and including engines, hydraulic and electrical systems.
- Complete service calls and shop work in a professional and timely manor.
- Mechanical & technical experience equipment
- Friendly and personable
- Must have a positive attitude and work well with others
- Must have own tools
- Must have valid PA Drivers License
- Must be willing to work overtime
Halifax - None at this time
Check back often or email your resume and we'll keep it on file if a position that fits becomes available.
How to ApplyEmployment Application
Help customers find repair parts for their equipment over the counter, phone and email.
Personable, strong customer service skills, and computer literate. Experience in agriculture or construction industries a plus. Works well in a fast paced environment. Must be able to lift 50+ lbs and work on your feet for extended periods.
Applicant Requirements: Personable, strong customer service skills, and computer literate. Experience in sales and agriculture or construction knowledge a plus.
Applicant Requirements:Excellent mechanical aptitude and computer literate, good communication and interpersonal skills. Personal hand tools required and a valid drivers license.
Applicant Requirements: Varies, however our core values focused on customer service and interpersonal relationships are universal.